Sunday, January 23, 2011

"things aren't always what they seem."

               
               A day under the rain could make one's head ache and heat up, but during the SINULOG FESTIVAL 2011, every little drop would mean a sack of blessings from our very own Señor Sto. Niño.
               
             During the day, I had experienced a lot of.....should I say "misfortunes". I was bumped, stepped over, and got wet under the rain. My phone almost sink in my pocket full of rainwater. But that was before I realized what's really the point of having myself under the rain. As I walked and tried to skip through the muddy areas of the streets, I was amazed by what I saw. Thousands of people under the rain, calling for the name of SEÑOR STO. NIÑO, the hope of Cebu. Everything was being done out of faith, everything was done with a prayer on their lips.
               









 After seeing every little detail of the act, I was filled with shame. SHAME on myself, shame on what I did, and shame on my thoughts. Things aren't always what they seem. 


No comments:

Post a Comment